[Ubuntu-be] Making a widget
9***@skynet.be
2015-09-27 14:36:28 UTC

I would like to display a widget with text from a website on my desktop
background.

For example: on website XYZ.com stays an currency exchange and that info
changes every day.

How can I get a widget with the information from a website on my desktop
background?

Thanks in advance.

Samuel
Merlijn Sebrechts
2015-09-28 06:35:44 UTC
You can take a look at Conky, a system monitor program that shows stats on
your desktop. It is also able to show online information such as weather,
so I suspect you can rewrite a script to do what you want. However, it
requires some knowledge to get it working, especially on Ubuntu Unity...
Hi,